Basic Features By 1985
- Back angled 3 on-a-side non-veneered headstock
- One-piece mahogany glued in neck, regular shape
- 25” scale length, 24-fret
- Single-action truss rod (double action truss rod fitted from late ’91).
- 10” radiused Indian rosewood fretboard. (Brazilian rosewood was standard until it was phased out by early 90 – 91 on all but top-line limited models such as the Dragons, etc.)
- Mother-of-pearl/Abalone moon inlays (birds optional).
- One-piece mahogany body or back.
- Pickups were originally Standard Treble and Standard Bass. End slugs on E & B changed in ’87 to reduce high end. Changed on CE, Custom and Standard to HFS Treble and Vintage Bass by November ’91.
- PRS Tremolo System, Schaller/PRS locking tuners, low friction nut.